Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Hills Like White Elephants" by Ernest Hemingway

Interesting story looks like Hemingway was at it again with delivering another good one. At first I wasn't sure which direction the story going, but as the story progressed I understood the message more clearly.I'm not sure if I had the correct idea about what was happening, but it seems with the references to the bead curtain they may have been at some kind of place where abortions are performed. In the conversation between the two I gathered that maybe she has become pregant and perhaps he is trying to convince her that a child would interfer with their travels, but he did say he would support her if though it probably wasn't sincere. I guess with the train leaving shortly she had a difficult decision to make, but I'm sure she grew up some in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment